Login or Register to hide advertisements

oommmggggg mozart's violin-piano sonatas

Music composed between 1730 and 1820: Beethoven, Mozart, etc.

oommmggggg mozart's violin-piano sonatas

Postby elvenpianist » 07 Sep 2005, 20:13

*dies*
so beautiful. I found a disc of Isaac Stern and Yefim Bronfman (who is quite a good pianist, I have to say- all his stuff I've heard is really good) at my library. This one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... =classical
Ahhh I LOVE the mozart pieces. So amazing.
Anyone played any of these?
I gotta find a violinist.... (hah *IF* my far less than 1337 skillz would allow my playing of the sonatas)
Kinda ticked though, itunes isn't wanting to import track 7.... hrmph....
elvenpianist
Anglophile elf lass

Postby juufa72 » 07 Sep 2005, 21:33

if you like the Mozzie's Violin/Piano match up, you should listen to Dvorcaks. *drools*
juufa72
Registered Musician

Postby Goldberg » 07 Sep 2005, 23:14

I think I'm going to see Bronfman play the Rach 3 later this month. Yeah, it's significant but dad and I keep on forgetting with everything else going on! We have to constantly remind each other..
Goldberg
Incorrigible Failure

Postby pianoplayer » 08 Sep 2005, 00:46

Well, Bronfman is playing the Tchaikovsky PC1 here in November. Think I'll buy the tickets soon... And by the way, Hamelin's playing the Rach 3 here next week... :D
pianoplayer
Registered Musician

Postby elvenpianist » 08 Sep 2005, 13:51

Goldberg wrote:I think I'm going to see Bronfman play the Rach 3 later this month. Yeah, it's significant but dad and I keep on forgetting with everything else going on! We have to constantly remind each other..

XD
hey he's going to be performing rach 3 nearby-ish (well... 2 hours away, haha) next april, I'm SOOOO wanting to go.
:P
I actually have a rec of his rach 3 (and 2, actually)- good stuff.

-the elflass
(deliriously tired from staying up WAY too late last night watching andre pull out an amazing win against blake in 5 sets, wow)
elvenpianist
Anglophile elf lass

Re: oommmggggg mozart's violin-piano sonatas

Postby mozartini » 07 Jan 2008, 00:19

I just started the violin a couple of months ago and am very slowly learning K 378 (B flat major). Next I want to learn the Rondeau from K 302. They are all really cool and I hope to learn them all eventually.
mozartini
Registered Musician

Re: oommmggggg mozart's violin-piano sonatas

Postby PianistSk8er » 29 Mar 2008, 13:17

mozartini wrote:I just started the violin a couple of months ago and am very slowly learning K 378 (B flat major). Next I want to learn the Rondeau from K 302. They are all really cool and I hope to learn them all eventually.

I keep listening to violin concerti, and my desire to learn the instrument is increasing exponentially! I wish I had the time...

PS
PianistSk8er
Violin Concerto Enthusiast
Violin Concerto Enthusiast

Return to Classical Period