Login or Register to hide advertisements

so randomly... mozart seems to be improving my technique

Music composed between 1730 and 1820: Beethoven, Mozart, etc.

so randomly... mozart seems to be improving my technique

Postby elvenpianist » 29 Sep 2005, 18:05

who'da thunk...
But yeah lately I've been learning the twinkle twinkle little star variations... and it really seems like my technique is improving because of it. I'm way more relaxed, everything is smoother, and my finger-individuality is much improved.
The only other thing I'm currently working much on is Beethoven's Tempest (3rd movement), the technique for which I have down quite well now and is coming along just fine. I haven't done any dohnanyi or scales or anything the last few weeks.
Go figure... :?
elvenpianist
Anglophile elf lass

Postby Jeliness2 » 29 Sep 2005, 18:08

What a coincidence- I have to perform that tommorow night, so today I have been playing the Mozart Variations for forever. Well, not really. I find the variation with the 16th runs the most difficult, because my trills are really uneven. My favorite variation is the minor one, because it's like spooky and hilarious at the same time!
Jeliness2
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby elvenpianist » 29 Sep 2005, 22:40

Jeliness2 wrote:What a coincidence- I have to perform that tommorow night, so today I have been playing the Mozart Variations for forever. Well, not really. I find the variation with the 16th runs the most difficult, because my trills are really uneven. My favorite variation is the minor one, because it's like spooky and hilarious at the same time!

seriously? haha way cool, good luck with it (and if it's recorded, post! :D)
lol yeah the minor one is awesome... i love them all though. 6 is particularly fun.
well because i'm naturally insane and haven't done anything particularly ridiculous lately, I'm printing out the sheet music for schubert's wanderer-fantasy...
I figure hey! it'll fix up my technique pretty awesomely if it doesn't break my wrists...
elvenpianist
Anglophile elf lass

Return to Classical Period