Login or Register to hide advertisements

Yundi Li La Roque Concert recording

The art and science of piano performance and technique

Postby Jeliness2 » 16 Sep 2004, 21:32

Hehe, fine. I listened to the yundi li thing, and its funny how the french people speak. I understood somewords like mercredi. :) And, what is that violin concerto by? and the piano concerto?
Jeliness2
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby Comme_le_Vent » 16 Sep 2004, 21:44

Philip Daniel wrote:OT
Am I the only person here who prefers vocal music (sacred, opera, & solo) and chamber music over piano music :??

just have to say that instrumentation is a superficial matter - the only reason i listen to more piano music is that i have an extramusical interest in piano technique, and like to listen to expand my knowledge of the piano repertoire - which is of greater consequence to me as it is what i would like to play myself...

8)
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned

Postby Jeliness2 » 16 Sep 2004, 21:46

is that actually you, comme?
Jeliness2
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby Philip Daniel » 16 Sep 2004, 21:47

Comme_le_Vent wrote:
Am I the only person here who prefers vocal music (sacred, opera, & solo) and chamber music over piano music :??

just have to say that instrumentation is a superficial matter - the only reason i listen to more piano music is that i have an extramusical interest in piano technique, and like to listen to expand my knowledge of the piano repertoire - which is of greater consequence to me as it is what i would like to play myself...

8)

I concur, Monsieur le_Vent; compared with other aspects such as musical invention, craftsmanship, depth, mastery, and originality, instrumentation (or orchestration) is irrelevent :). But I still prefer vocal and chamber music over all other types of music. I admit that I generalize, like any other normal human being :wink:.
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby Philip Daniel » 16 Sep 2004, 21:53

Jeliness2 wrote:is that actually you, comme?

I didn't think that Comme could write so intelligently, either :wink:.
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby Comme_le_Vent » 16 Sep 2004, 23:31

Philip Daniel wrote:
Comme_le_Vent wrote:

8)

I concur, Monsieur le_Vent; compared with other aspects such as musical invention, craftsmanship, depth, mastery, and originality, instrumentation (or orchestration) is irrelevent :). But I still prefer vocal and chamber music over all other types of music. I admit that I generalize, like any other normal human being :wink:.

you disgust me ;)
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned

Postby Philip Daniel » 16 Sep 2004, 23:38

Comme_le_Vent wrote:
Philip Daniel wrote:
Comme_le_Vent wrote:

8)

you disgust me ;)

I meant that musical sustance and structure are more important that instrumentation; how do I disgust you, then, if both our opinions are in accord with each other? 8)
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby Comme_le_Vent » 16 Sep 2004, 23:40

i am disgusted that you generalise - all people who generalise are of lower intellect ;)
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned

Postby Philip Daniel » 16 Sep 2004, 23:43

Comme_le_Vent wrote:i am disgusted that you generalise - all people who generalise are of lower intellect ;)

I generalize very rarely--and who are you to determine that a whole species is retarded except for one member (that being you) 8)?
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby Sohcahtoa » 16 Sep 2004, 23:48

Comme_le_Vent wrote:all people who generalise are of lower intellect ;)

HAHAHA!!! Clever joke. 8)
Sohcahtoa
Registered Musician

Postby Comme_le_Vent » 17 Sep 2004, 00:12

Philip Daniel wrote:
Comme_le_Vent wrote:i am disgusted that you generalise - all people who generalise are of lower intellect ;)

I generalize very rarely--and who are you to determine that a whole species is retarded except for one member (that being you) 8)?

hahaha, respec 4 da subtle phallus joke - phallic dan 8)
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned

Postby Sohcahtoa » 17 Sep 2004, 00:55

oopsey. post in wrong topic 8)
Sohcahtoa
Registered Musician

Postby Comme_le_Vent » 17 Sep 2004, 01:13

hahahahaha, r u implyin dat u regret yo availing of my honour?
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned

Previous

Return to Piano Playing