Login or Register to hide advertisements

a couple vids

Upload your recordings and have them critiqued by other musicians!

a couple vids

Postby elvenpianist » 13 Mar 2007, 20:10

http://media.putfile.com/bachtake4

I realized that I never did take a finished recording of the Bach, so quickly whipped it out this afternoon. I haven't practiced it at all in over a month, and played it maybe 4 times in that time, so it's not perfect! I took it- uh- very fast, and the tempo is a bit drunkenly unsteady in spots. But you at least get an idea of my interpretation of it (and yes, I'm afraid I played it at least that fast for my auditions. But I was accepted both places that I applied to, so it's all good :P).

http://media.putfile.com/davidsbundler2

This is just a bit of the 2nd movement of Schumann's Davidsbundlertanze- I was fooling around and happened to record what I've memorized of it, and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it sounds (in my opinion, anyway, lol). I plan to finish memorizing the second repeat over spring break.

Enjoy- and as always, I'd love to hear your comments!

-elf
~Clara Glennette Georgiana Fiorkapatti

"Those little weirdnesses... Schumann- QUIRKY!" -David Dubal

"I am convinced that Bach is the greatest genius who ever walked among us." -Douglas Adams
elvenpianist
Anglophile elf lass

Postby PJF » 14 Mar 2007, 01:08

The Bach Toccata sounded really good! Keep THAT up and you'll find you have no trouble getting in anywhere, IMH(haha)O.

Alas, it's not perfect, no big whoop. :lol:

The Schumann was very artistic.

Your touch has really improved in the last eight months or so. The harshness of the piano is no longer self-evident.

Keep up the steady improvement!
Per Sapientiam Felicitas!

Pete
PJF
Registered Musician

Postby elvenpianist » 17 Mar 2007, 12:33

Thanks, Pete!

-elf

"I am convinced that Bach is the greatest genius who ever walked among us." -Douglas Adams
elvenpianist
Anglophile elf lass

Postby tony » 17 Mar 2007, 21:31

I liked your interpretation on the Toccata! It's similar to mine, except for some of the right hand melody-I play it more legato. I like the staccato, though! I like the Schumman, sounds very musical! :)
Piano- partially a noteworthy feat, constantly a struggle.
tony
Registered Musician

Postby juufa72 » 17 Mar 2007, 22:34

the links to do not work for me :?
juufa72
Registered Musician

Postby elvenpianist » 18 Mar 2007, 16:09

Thanks, Tony. Yeah, I actually experimented with making some of the RH lines more legato, but it made it sound too much less Bach and too much Schumann, so I stuck with the staccato. Wish the rec was better- one of these days Ill work it up again, and post a rec with no slight memory lapses- and therefore, a consistent tempo. :P

Hmm juufa- putfile has NOT been good lately, I need to find somewhere else to post things.

-elf

elvenpianist
Anglophile elf lass

Postby juufa72 » 18 Mar 2007, 20:29

elvenpianist wrote:
Hmm juufa- putfile has NOT been good lately, I need to find somewhere else to post things.

-elf

Why don't you perfect your pieces and audition at Piano Society. I'm on there with my crappy keyboard recordings :D That place is reliable and consistant with uploading pieces for their database. Besides, you can call yourself a badass with your very own Piano Society Pianist page! 8)
juufa72
Registered Musician

Return to Audition Room