Login or Register to hide advertisements

Chopin Etude Opus 10 Number 7

Upload your recordings and have them critiqued by other musicians!

Did you like it?

I liked it alot!
100%
I kind of liked it.
No votes
I kind of disliked it.
No votes
I disliked it alot!
No votes

Total votes : 2

Postby zeniyama » 26 Mar 2007, 22:27

It sounds alot harder than the other Chopin Etudes (except for, of course, Godowsky's versions of them.). But, the Butterfly and Revolutionary Etudes are still my favourites! :D
"Music is the silence between the notes."
-Claude Debussy
"Art is not an end in itself, but a means of addressing humanity."
-Modest Mussorgsky
"Music is an outburst of the soul."
-Frederick Delius
zeniyama
Registered Musician

Postby tony » 26 Mar 2007, 23:43

Funny that you mention that book, I came across it the other day, actually. I think I'll check it out and see what I can learn from it.
Piano- partially a noteworthy feat, constantly a struggle.
tony
Registered Musician

Postby elvenpianist » 27 Mar 2007, 10:42

zeniyama wrote:Also, I've been thinking about getting a job, but I don't know what to get. I want a job that requires no real thinking, and where I don't have to be around alot of people, but don't know what type of job is like that.

Wow you're the opposite of me, I'm trying to AVOID that kind of job. I would die of boredom.

You could probably get hired as one of those dudes who stands on streetcorners holding signs for CiCi's pizza....

-elf
~Clara Glennette Georgiana Fiorkapatti

"Those little weirdnesses... Schumann- QUIRKY!" -David Dubal

"I am convinced that Bach is the greatest genius who ever walked among us." -Douglas Adams
elvenpianist
Anglophile elf lass

Postby tony » 27 Mar 2007, 22:20

elvenpianist wrote:
zeniyama wrote:Also, I've been thinking about getting a job, but I don't know what to get. I want a job that requires no real thinking, and where I don't have to be around alot of people, but don't know what type of job is like that.

Wow you're the opposite of me, I'm trying to AVOID that kind of job. I would die of boredom.

You could probably get hired as one of those dudes who stands on streetcorners holding signs for CiCi's pizza....

-elf

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol:
Piano- partially a noteworthy feat, constantly a struggle.
tony
Registered Musician

Postby zeniyama » 28 Mar 2007, 20:05

elvenpianist wrote:

-elf

I don't want a job like that...
What I mean by not alot of thinking is that it's something that I know exactly what I'm doing, and don't have to get stuck with the problem of not knowing what to do, and the sign thing you described it the opposite of what I mean. I don't want to do anything degrading, embarrasing, or where I'll draw alot of attention, and that's what I mean by not being around alot of people (like, I want to be around my co-workers, but not alot of strangers).

I'm not sure if I got it out right this time, or the time before. I'll just think about it for awhile.
"Music is the silence between the notes."
-Claude Debussy
"Art is not an end in itself, but a means of addressing humanity."
-Modest Mussorgsky
"Music is an outburst of the soul."
-Frederick Delius
zeniyama
Registered Musician

Postby johnmar78 » 02 Apr 2007, 17:34

Pete, more I listen to this etude and your playing ..more I start to appreciate....NOW, you made me to tempt to learn this piece....... :evil:

Genious work from chopin, his imaginations on a new dimension...
johnmar78
Registered Musician

Postby PJF » 02 Apr 2007, 20:52

Thanks.

Yeah, his genius is humbling in the best way.
Per Sapientiam Felicitas!

Pete
PJF
Registered Musician

Previous

Return to Audition Room