Login or Register to hide advertisements

Mozart

Upload your recordings and have them critiqued by other musicians!

Mozart

Postby trinapiano » 06 Jun 2007, 13:51

This is a video of myself playing through some Mozart from about a month ago. Im not pleased with my playing here in this, and alot more work has been done on it since but let me know what you all think. Il be recording and uploading more sometime soon...

Its the first movemement of Mozarts sonata in C K330
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA-5ZR94S6k
trinapiano
Registered Musician

Re: Mozart

Postby Jeliness2 » 08 Jun 2007, 21:39

hi, nice job!
I like your touch in many places- light and even.
Tiny thing to fix- the ending 32nds are not in time (too fast).

I thought your articulation for the most part was excellent.

If you don't agree with me below, that's fine/ I don't mean to change your style, I'm just saying my opinion.---->
One thing you could practice is improving facility. It takes a while to improve technique, because you have to examine your hand and the sound made all the time. However it really will improve your playing and you'll be able to pull off the trills much more successfully. To me, it just seems that your fingers now lifting up after every note might be helping you with articulation, but it's going to make it a lot harder to do scale passages. I'd work for keeping the fingers your not using in contact with the key. Also move your arm to always support your fingers, especially your outer digits (3/4/5)
-------

But really i thought the performance was good overall. Keep up the good work...
Jeliness2
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby PJF » 08 Jul 2007, 23:51

Indeed, you're on the right track! If you wish to improve a performance (all pianists feel, to some degree, a need for improvement). This is normal and can best be accomplished by doing precisely what you are doing. Having the wherewithal to seek out solutions to honestly identified problems is a huge asset.

I don't have time for a detailed critique...I'll leave you with but a phrase.

Style Galant.
Per Sapientiam Felicitas!

Pete
PJF
Registered Musician

Postby trinapiano » 16 Jul 2007, 17:02

Thank you both for replying :) . That recording is more than two months old now so quite a bit more work has been done since then but I have been checking back here and reading posts without logging in and have taken both of your comments into cosideration and all that. That sonata is on the list for a diploma im doing in the winter so I might post an updated recording closer to the exam date.

thanks again :)
trinapiano
Registered Musician

Return to Audition Room